Candle Care

Soy wax has a "memory." This means when a soy candle is burned and then extinguished, the next time it's burned, the candle will only melt as far across as it did the last burn.
  •  So always burn your candle until the wax melts evenly across the top of the jar, to prevent "tunneling." 
  • Stop burning when 1/4" - 1/2" of the wax remains. 
  • Keep the wick centered & trimmed to 1/4" to prevent uneven burning & sparking. 
  • Burn candles on a clean, flat surface out of direct sunlight and drafts and away from pets, flammable materials, and children. 

Why is my jar turning black?

  • There is generally one reason for soot accumulation on the jar...the wick is not trimmed to the correct height. Make sure the wick stays trimmed to 1/4" before each lighting.

Why is there wax left on the side of my jar?

  • Each time a candle is lit, the melt pool must reach the edges of the container for a proper burn. If the candle is lit and put out an hour later on multiple occasions, it will create a tunnel down the center of the jar. We recommend burning our candles for 3-5 hours each lighting. 

Are your wicks lead free?

  • Yes, we only use cotton wicks. No metal or lead here.

Do you use any dyes?

  • No.  We think the natural color of the soy wax is beautiful on its own. Occasionally, a change in color will occur in our candles due to the natural properties of the oils and/or exposure to UV rays.  Just know that any color change does not affect the functionality of the candle. 

Candle safety stuff

  • Burn no longer than 5 hours (to prevent the entire candle from overheating). 
  • Stop burning when 1/4" - 1/2" of the wax remains. 
  • Keep the wick centered & trimmed to 1/4" to prevent uneven burning & sparking. 
  • Burn candles on a clean, flat surface out of direct sunlight and drafts and away from flammable materials, pets, and children. 
  • Wait until the jar cools completely before handling. 
  • Never touch hot wax.-Never set a lid on a burning candle.
  • Don't flush or pour wax down drains. 
  • Don't ingest wax. 
  • Never leave a burning candle unattended.